X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audi200tq
    ELT Alumni
    • Jan 2002

Port Mann Toll - out of province license

Do I get a free pass with Alberta plates? Or will they track me down and send me a bill? How much does it cost?
    Steve Kibble
    Now residing in Victoria.
    My mobile marketing blog:
    http://3rdscreenmarketing.blogspot.com
  • Mantle
    • Mar 2014

Re: Port Mann Toll - out of province license

They'll track you down through your provincial insurer. All your other questions can be answered at the same site.

Comment

• Sonoma GT
      • Jun 2005

They now track you down if you live in the US too. Although we still let you drive across our bridges for free.

Comment

• Chickenman
        • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Sonoma GT
        They now track you down if you live in the US too. Although we still let you drive across our bridges for free.

It's been a while ( 2006?? ) but the last time I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge I still had to pay the toll

I don't mind paying a Toll if it is used to pay for the building of a road project or a bridge. The Lions Gate Bridge and the Coquihalla Hwy are two good examples. Once they were paid for, the Tolls were ( eventually ) removed.

However, with the Port Mann and Golden Ears Bridge, I fear that the Toll will be on them forever as the Provincial Government finds it too convenient of a Tax grab. And of course, the Tax money , just like Fuel Taxes, goes into General Revenue instead of highway and road improvements like it is supposed to. Can't remember which scum bag party ( because they are ALL a bunch of crooks ) changed the Legislation to put Fuel Taxes and Bridge Tolls into general revenue, but it hurts EVERYONE when Transportation cost go up.

Grrrr.... 2:30 AM insomnia rant over...

Comment

• NickST
          • Jan 2017

I've driven back and forth through the toll bridges at least a couple of times a year with AB plates ever since it went in... they don't go after you for the cost, AB plates is a basically a free ride.

Comment

Working...