beat the president, VCMC 3 NCT 5, pics, videos, feedback and result.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WILDCHILD
    VCMC Lifeblood
    • Mar 2007

Re: beat the president, VCMC 3 NCT 5, pics, videos, feedback and result.

Would love to know the time difference between the GTR and a ES Miata from the C-box to the top sweeper alone, never mind the crossover.
    Definetly a Miata course.
    Waaaaaaa.

Comment

• Derek128
      President 2012-13
      • Jun 2008

For those won the Beat The President plaques

Louis Law
      SHAR ABBASI
      LESLEY HUNG
      JORDAN FOK
      Justin Laureta

you guys can get your names on your plaques !!!
      how?

1. come & join our Nov 2nd monthly meeting (details http://www.vcmc.ca/forum/showthread.php?10070)
      2. Have dinner with us
      3. vote the next year ELT
      4. get your name tag
      5. ?????
      6. profits !!!1!1!!
      2012-13 President, 2011 Rice President, 2010 Director of P????graphy

1994 Accord EXR - 2006 - 2008 (RIP), 2000 Civic SIR - 2008 - 2011 (Sold),
      1992 Integra LS - 2011 - 2012 (Sold), 1994 Miata R - 2012 - 2017(Sold)
      1980 Crossle 40F 2016 - present

Comment

• Elder_MMHS
        2011 ELT
        • Feb 2007

Justin Laureta was the 5th place winner of the "Beat the President" challenge.
        Victor Chow (Elder_MMHS)

Comment

• Derek128
          President 2012-13
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Elder_MMHS
          Justin Laureta was the 5th place winner of the "Beat the President" challenge.
          my bad
          fixed that now

btw guys whats your plans/goals for 2011?/2011 Smacktalk!!!
          lol

2012-13 President, 2011 Rice President, 2010 Director of P????graphy

1994 Accord EXR - 2006 - 2008 (RIP), 2000 Civic SIR - 2008 - 2011 (Sold),
          1992 Integra LS - 2011 - 2012 (Sold), 1994 Miata R - 2012 - 2017(Sold)
          1980 Crossle 40F 2016 - present

Comment

• bnombe
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Derek128
            Uncle Harvey

Edmond & Wilson took a few shots of your car on course. Not while spinning, but they are still good
            Which one is Uncle Harvey btw? (so many people and their cars I haven't met yet, heehee...)
            My alter egos:
            sigpic

Comment

• Carson
              VCMC Lifeblood
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bnombe
              Which one is Uncle Harvey btw? (so many people and their cars I haven't met yet, heehee...)
              I think it was a beautiful white cayman.
              2001 Toyota Sienna (don't ask...)

Comment

• bnombe
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Carson
                I think it was a beautiful white cayman.
                Sweet!!! That is one beautiful car indeed, very clean too... I wish I keep my white car half as clean

I even have a shot of him tweaking the tyre pressure between runs
                My alter egos:
                sigpic

Comment

• baggdis300

uhhh, im not in the novice results?

names bobby sandhu , car was is300

Comment

• DoubleJ
                    • Mar 2007

Here's my last run

Comment

• DoubleJ
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mavm86
                      Video of my fastest run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45S7GVzGHjs

I still never quite got it right. Looking at my data and video compared to Mike Chan's from the morning session, if we combined our good sections there could have been a lot more time out there. I found the course was difficult to drive really well, so kudos to those who did.

I love that controlled rear end push out you can do with an S2000 off the launch (I think Mark was also doing it with the BMW). In my mind that's the way to get out of there but it's not as easy to finesse the GT3 out of there like that. Probably would have ended up under the tent. =)

Comment

• mavm86
                        VCMC Lifeblood
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DoubleJ
                        I love that controlled rear end push out you can do with an S2000 off the launch (I think Mark was also doing it with the BMW). In my mind that's the way to get out of there but it's not as easy to finesse the GT3 out of there like that. Probably would have ended up under the tent. =)
                        Haha.... It's a little different having the engine behind the rear wheels eh? I love the sound your car makes, it's just amazing both from outside the car and in the video you posted!
                        Richard Arienzale

2004 Honda S2000 - #156 BS
                        1995 Dodge Neon ChumpCar #28
                        2004 Mazda 3 DD

Comment

• SupraFiend
                          • Oct 2003

why's everyone keep saying this is a miata course? Wouldn't a miata course by definition be one that rewards momentum cars, avoids big fast stretches and features lots of transitions and tight gates and boxes? That does not describe this course. I've certainly felt the sting of such courses with my fairly wide supra in the past and I felt this course really suited my car. It was a ton of fun and I was quite happy with the start box layout, I felt it allowed me to launch out of the gate much better then at other events this year.

Anyways that was a great course, a great time and a spectacular day. It really drove in how lucky we are to have that venue, and how scenic it can be at times. Thanks to everyone for making this an awesome season, I look forward to next year!
                          86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

• ColbyJ

This was my fastest run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YSBdrO-1mE

Thanks again, Rich for riding with me and giving advice, I found it very helpful. I enjoyed the course and I think I'll be out again next year.

BTW, both me and Patrick Sheridan should have been marked as novices in the results.

Comment

• WILDCHILD
                              VCMC Lifeblood
                              • Mar 2007

I'm joking about it being a Miata course.
                              It was actually a course for low powered FWD's.
                              Check out James Yips and the Yeung brothers times.

Comment

• See23
                                • Apr 2010

Any course that has a lot of long sweeping corners and easily negotiated turns or bus stops is a "miata" or small, low hp car course. Big power and massive brakes need multiple slolom, hard braking and acceleration sections to really use that acceleration and braking power. Carrying momentum throughout a course ends up being a skid pads test and few 3500lb+ super cars beat a CSP Miata on race tires.
                                Compared to Brians CSP Miata, at every event we've attended together, we are closest in time on the tighter big transition courses as opposed to sweeping, road course type layouts like Packwood and often Pitt Medows.
                                You want to know what tight is? Come to any Kelowna event. Our parking lots would fit under your pitt tent.
                                The start line never tripped me up and likely didn't cost me much time but it was "weird" this past weekend and I know I'm not alone on that.
                                It's just my observation and opinion. ...and I won't send you the bill.

Comment

Working...