Thread: Upgraded Intercooler

Upgraded Intercooler

My car is a 2014 Ford Focus ST, last year my car was in GS class.
    Over the winter I upgraded my intercooler. I'm a bit confused about which class I fit in, a friend with similar upgrades put himself in DSP last year, but recently I asked the question again on another forum and someone said that puts me in SMF. So which class is it really supposed to be in?

Thanks in advance

Re: Upgraded Intercooler

Quote Originally Posted by Pairadime View Post
    My car is a 2014 Ford Focus ST, last year my car was in GS class.
    Over the winter I upgraded my intercooler. I'm a bit confused about which class I fit in, a friend with similar upgrades put himself in DSP last year, but recently I asked the question again on another forum and someone said that puts me in SMF. So which class is it really supposed to be in?

Thanks in advance
    I would put you in DSP

Your car is listed in DSP here. http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1432652738

DSP,does allow the intercoolers to be modifided.

15.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN

3. As utilized only on engines originally equipped with forced induction,
    induction charge heat exchangers (also known as “intercoolers” or
    “charge air coolers” [CACs]) are unrestricted in size and configuration.

Full Street Prepared rules here.
    http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1484692558

Dave

Thanks Dave

I am not even close to competitive is DSP, any chance I can go into SMF?

You would be legal in SMF......but it has a harder pax.

SMF = .848
    DSP = .842

I guess there's no first in class awards for the championships? It's all for the best PAX'd time. I thought I might be able to slug it out with front wheel drive guys and not worry too much about the rear wheel drive monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pairadime View Post
    I guess there's no first in class awards for the championships? It's all for the best PAX'd time. I thought I might be able to slug it out with front wheel drive guys and not worry too much about the rear wheel drive monsters.
    Hey Peter,

It would probably be best to stay in DSP.. leave SMF for the faster/lighter FWD Civics/CRXs :P Seems like there are very few DSP prepped miatas and there are more of us (FWD) in DSP at local events. It'll be nice having competition of your FoST vs my MS3! I too am in DSP due to my IC and fuel pump with stock boost maps. I'm not sure if a pro-tune with altered boost maps leave us in DSP vs SMF. Per the link above it seems that we need the stock boost maps/tables but overboosting due to flow modifications is allowed?

Hopefully Dave or one of the other experts can chime in.

Christian