Thread: Classing a Modified MK7 GTI

1. Question Classing a Modified MK7 GTI

Hello!

I'm very interested in attending some auto-x events, and have already signed up for the track day on May 5 and the velocity school coming up later in May.

When it comes to classing for the auto-x I'm a little overwhelmed with the information available. It looks like the GTI fits in to the GS class (I may be wrong!) but with my mods it'll likely change things up. So here's a quick mod list if anyone here could help me class it:

• Stage 2 ECU
    • Engine mounts
    • Intake
    • 8.5" ET42 wheels
    • Michelin PSS 235/40/18
    • Turboback exhaust

The GTI is also a performance pack which includes an LSD from the factory. The suspension is OEM.

Thanks!

Re: Classing a Modified MK7 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by gboticus View Post
    Hello!

I'm very interested in attending some auto-x events, and have already signed up for the track day on May 5 and the velocity school coming up later in May.

When it comes to classing for the auto-x I'm a little overwhelmed with the information available. It looks like the GTI fits in to the GS class (I may be wrong!) but with my mods it'll likely change things up. So here's a quick mod list if anyone here could help me class it:

• Stage 2 ECU
    • Engine mounts
    • Intake
    • 8.5" ET42 wheels
    • Michelin PSS 235/40/18
    • Turboback exhaust

The GTI is also a performance pack which includes an LSD from the factory. The suspension is OEM.

Thanks!
    does the car run a little more boost than stock?

3. Re: Classing a Modified MK7 GTI

Yes it does. Does the specific amount matter or just that it runs more?

4. Re: Classing a Modified MK7 GTI

No, just that it runs more than stock.

That means you will bump all the way up to DSP.

I would suggest that if you were interested in being competitive, going back to a stock tune would allow you to run in STX which the car could probably be a ton of fun in - (Chris Willems runs a GTI and is a force to be reckoned with!)

Mark