Thread: Newbie with a talon

1. Newbie with a talon

I'm brand new, haven't attended anything, but I'm trying to do my research and would like to attend the driving school may 27, and what class would my '92 eagle talon (turbo,awd) be specified under?
    Aftermarket shocks , springs, boost turned up a bit, if it helps
    Thanks! Tony

2. Re: Newbie with a talon

And also, what stamp on a helmet would make it eligible for almost all racing? (Autocross,trackdays,mission raceway)
    Thanks!

Re: Newbie with a talon

Quote Originally Posted by VanNice30 View Post
    I'm brand new, haven't attended anything, but I'm trying to do my research and would like to attend the driving school may 27, and what class would my '92 eagle talon (turbo,awd) be specified under?
    Aftermarket shocks , springs, boost turned up a bit, if it helps
    Thanks! Tony
    If you want to run on street tires (Over 200 TWR) you should put the turbo boost back to stock level. This would put you in the STX class, where I think you would be fairly competitive.

If left with a slightly boosted turbo.... You would move into a race class. Which would require you to run Hoosiers to be competitive with everyone else in that class. (Not sure which class)

For autox, any snelll 2005 or newer helmet will work (including M (motorcycle) helmets.
    For any track use, you will need an SA Helmet, snell 2005 or newer.

Drivers edge had a good deal on SA helmets a while back, you might want to check with them first.

Direct adjustment of boost is allowed in the SP (Street Prepared) class, and Tony's Talon would be classed in ASP.
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

ooh, I haven't seen a Talon out since Farz's (and I forgot his codriver) back at Boundary Bay!
    Zach Wong

VCMC Member since: too old to remember when...

CM - Ford Swift DB-1 (NA94)
    STS - 94 Miata (Fab)
    DS - 04 Lexus IS300
    DS - 01 Chrysler Sebring Coupe
    GS - 94 Dodge Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Lego Maniac View Post
    ooh, I haven't seen a Talon out since Farz's (and I forgot his codriver) back at Boundary Bay!
    You are REALLY old

7. Re: Newbie with a talon

Thanks guys! I have a motorcycle kbc tk7 helmet, with the sticker , snell approved dot. No sa or M or date or anything else, I am unaware how to post pictures up here as well , any insight? Thanks!

You need to look for the snell sticker thst lives under the helmet liner. It will look like this: http://www.smf.org/cert

Welcome to the club!

9. Re: Newbie with a talon

Ahhh, that is very helpful, thanks! Looking forward to getting into it and enjoying it