Thread: Anyone looking for a co-driver

Anyone looking for a co-driver

As the title states.
    I would like to make a return to autox but my current stable of cars are not properly setup for anything other than the scrap heap.

Just want to see if anyone is interested in a co-driver.
    I have the ok to go to Packwood NT and Pro as well as local events.
    08 Nike Shox H/S???

2. Re: Anyone looking for a co-driver

I have a codriver but just wanted to say welcome back... apparently all us "old" guys are coming back! I swear autocross is like Hotel California, you can check out but you can never leave... Good luck with your search, some cool new cars and very quick drivers out these days.

Mark

Re: Anyone looking for a co-driver

Thanks Mark.

Its so true.
    08 Nike Shox H/S???

Quote Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
    apparently all us "old" guys are coming back!

Mark
    What do you mean by "old"? Because your "old" title (30) doesn't hold up against one of our members from last weekend who is 83. Love it!

i believe "old" as in around in the sport for years
    [ _-= 駿 Ŀѳυĩş =-_]

Seems to be a trend lately with people proving age is just a number. It's pretty inspirational really

I can confirm though that Mark and Edwen both definitely qualify as old guys

7. Re: Anyone looking for a co-driver

Quote Originally Posted by JValgardson View Post
    What do you mean by "old"? Because your "old" title (30) doesn't hold up against one of our members from last weekend who is 83. Love it!
    My very first autocross was 2003 - almost 15 years ago! It has been 10 years since I first drove at Knox! Wow... I didn't feel old until I looked that up - yikes. 30 is the new 60, haven't you heard?

Mark
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    CM #51: 1998 Van Diemen
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i

I'd love to make a come-back too, but can't seem to get off the home renovation project treadmill.

If Edwen and Mark qualify then I'd also like to apply for Old Guy status please
    Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
    "On a break" from autocross

Edwen messaged you

Quote Originally Posted by arthurc View Post
    I'd also like to apply for Old Guy status please
    You can't apply for Old Guy status - it has to be earned. Considering you were ELT when I started you definitely make the cut

Now Don on the other hand......he makes us old guys look like a bunch of rookies

I follow the trend, I'm coming back to atuox again. My first autox was back in 96 at Willowbrook Mall

That's funny, I'm coming back too and my first auto cross was at Haney mall. Remember autocross at Willowbrook Mall another mall in Burnaby and of course Boundry bay.

Willowbrook was entertaining as seniors from across the road would randomly wonder across the course putting a halt to things.