Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

Re: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
    Just as a quick note, I notice there are a fair number of cars that are incorrectly classed, at least at first glance they appear to be, might be worth checking:

SM:
    996TT (should be SSM)
    Miata (should be SSM)

SSP:
    Miata (should be CSP)

STS:
    Skyline (should be SM)
    STI (should be STU)
    135i (should be STU)
    Evo (should be STU)

STR:
    90 Miata (should be STS)

STU:
    98 Evo (should be SM - not sold in North America)

Mark
    You must have read my mind, I am working on it right now....

2. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

Please put me down for JIBC set up - Carol Tagg

Hello
    I'm new to this forum and have never done auto-x before. I'd really like to sign up for this Sunday's event but I don't have a helmet! Are there loaner helmets available or am I best off to wait until I have my own helmet? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Hello
    I'm new to this forum and have never done auto-x before. I'd really like to sign up for this Sunday's event but I don't have a helmet! Are there loaner helmets available or am I best off to wait until I have my own helmet? Thanks in advance.
    The club has loaner helmets

Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm registering now! But I have no idea what class my car is! It's a vw gti vr6 with a few minor mods (intake, cams,chip, exhaust, coilovers)

6. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

I would be willing to help with the JIBC thing. I have no idea what it is, but it doesn't sound hard. -Collin Seib

7. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

Sorry Dave, I have a retirement dinner for a good friend at 5pm, so will have to take off as soon as I can after racing and doing my (during the event) work assignment. I will make a point to sign up for JIBC in the near future. Hopefully a few more will come forward for that assignment this weekend.

Clive

I make a point of telling the Novices (at the Novice Talk), that we need
    people to help with the JIBC setup after the event.
    And I ask/encourage as many as can make it, to stay and help.
    Gary and Pat Watson
    2016 Long Beach Red Metallic Corvette Z06 Coupe

New to the site; as my car is still in break-in period, can I just come to watch/hang out? Or is it for registered-members only?

Quote Originally Posted by domyalex View Post
    New to the site; as my car is still in break-in period, can I just come to watch/hang out? Or is it for registered-members only?
    Spectators are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
    Sorry Dave, I have a retirement dinner for a good friend at 5pm, so will have to take off as soon as I can after racing and doing my (during the event) work assignment. I will make a point to sign up for JIBC in the near future. Hopefully a few more will come forward for that assignment this weekend.

Clive
    Hey Clive,

If you want to do the second shift for morning waivers that's your job for the day and you can bail as soon as you're done racing.

Sound good?

Please note setup has been pushed to 5:30pm this afternoon. Thanks!

Would be down to come out tomorrow and volunteer. What time would you like me there?

Quote Originally Posted by Il Toro Vecchio View Post
    Spectators are welcome!
    Grazzie!

A big thank you to everyone I met today and those too busy working, who I didn't meet. My first race and I had an awesome time. I'm very impressed with the efficiency of the timing crew and their ability to get going again after problems. A big shout out to the Novice walk and also to Joe, who was kind enough to walk a lap with me. I met a lot of friendly people and the club has a great sense of community. I'll be back...... 2 tenths at a time it seems Pip

Yes awesome time and awesome people today! I will be back.

17. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup #4 - Sunday, June 11th, 2017

Just curious. How come it takes so long to get the results lately? We used to come there and have results before we left the pad. Now it takes days to get final results. I tried to get results from wifi before we left yesterday. Wifi would not load properly. It's really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by flying low View Post
    Just curious. How come it takes so long to get the results lately? We used to come there and have results before we left the pad. Now it takes days to get final results. I tried to get results from wifi before we left yesterday. Wifi would not load properly. It's really frustrating.
    Hello there,

That's interesting, the Wifi was up and running for an extra half an hour while we did fun runs. I know that it can take a few attempts to get the page to refresh but my phone worked fine. An issue with your device perhaps?

As far as the delay getting the results posted, I do apologize. We are working on them currently. If you care to stop by the trailer and inquire before you leave we could easily give them to you.

Best,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by flying low View Post
    Feels like the another opportunity to remind folks (it comes up every so often):

There are certainly variables that can contribute to speed to post results. One of which is that the event staff are all volunteers with differing levels of bandwidth to put on the event and post the results.

From having done results for many years in the past, I can say that they are not just pull them off the computer and upload them.

Also, being there first thing to set things up, running the event, packing the trailer, cleaning/resetting the pad, packing up my own stuff, driving home... sometimes the last thing one wants to do is review results before posting them. this is a scored event, maybe previous "immediate" results events were of a different nature where less post-event work was required (eg test n tune, Nationals/Super Challenge - scrutinized in real time)

Then life happens, execs do also have jobs to go back to on Monday.

Not knowing what your involvement over the past years (sorry, don't recognize the screen name), I'm sure the exec would be more than happy to have extra help to get these results up faster.

In the grand scheme of things, the racing is over, the results are the results whether you see them that night or two days later.
    Zach Wong

VCMC Member since: too old to remember when...

CM - Ford Swift DB-1 (NA94)
    STS - 94 Miata (Fab)
    DS - 04 Lexus IS300
    DS - 01 Chrysler Sebring Coupe
    GS - 94 Dodge Spirit