Thread: Question about Correct Class...? Alfa Romeo Spider 87'

1. Post Question about Correct Class...? Alfa Romeo Spider 87'

Hi everyone - I was just out at Auto Cup 4 yesterday and someone told me I was signed up for the incorrect class specification/ group. Currently I am driving an Alfa Romeo Spider (1987) with a couple of modifications such as, springs/shocks, chassis stiffener, racing brakes, exhaust front-to-back, and a few other minor adjustments.

I've completed 4 Auto-X's in the past (mostly with the UBCSCC) and was wondering what class my car would sit in? Yesterday I signed up for Heritage Classic Street... but from what I heard, this isn't right. Also would my group be considered touring?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

- Phillip

Re: Question about Correct Class...? Alfa Romeo Spider 87'

Quote Originally Posted by Paw_Racer View Post
    Hi everyone - I was just out at Auto Cup 4 yesterday and someone told me I was signed up for the incorrect class specification/ group. Currently I am driving an Alfa Romeo Spider (1987) with a couple of modifications such as, springs/shocks, chassis stiffener, racing brakes, exhaust front-to-back, and a few other minor adjustments.

I've completed 4 Auto-X's in the past (mostly with the UBCSCC) and was wondering what class my car would sit in? Yesterday I signed up for Heritage Classic Street... but from what I heard, this isn't right. Also would my group be considered touring?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

- Phillip
    Hi Phillip,

Yeah the Heritage classic class is for cars 1974 or older

I think your best class fit with your current mods would STS, although I do not see you listed in the SCCA Appendix A , I think this would be the best fit for your car.

3. Re: Question about Correct Class...? Alfa Romeo Spider 87'

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    Hi Phillip,

Yeah the Heritage classic class is for cars 1974 or older

I think your best class fit with your current mods would STS, although I do not see you listed in the SCCA Appendix A , I think this would be the best fit for your car.
    Awesome, thanks for the tip - I'll slot myself into STS next time.

Cheers.