Thread: Is Nitrous oxide (NO2) Allowed in Street modified?

1. Is Nitrous oxide (NO2) Allowed in Street modified?

Hello race friends,

Ive been reading through the rule book and it mentions that Oxygen & nitrogen cant be added to fuel,
    and that tanks over 200psi need to be in a protective cage. i interpret that as you cant add anything to the fuel and your nitrogen tank for filling wheels needs to be in a cage.

But I havnt been able to find anything that says nitrous oxide is or isnt allowed. tank pressures are 900-1000psi, it isnt fuel and isnt explosive. would i need to build a cage around it in the car?
    my question is can I add a 25 shot of NO2 to my Street modified Bmw. Its going to be used to spool my turbo instantly.

If any one is curious what im planning, its going to be a 25shot that comes in only at WOT for about half a second to spool the turbo to 8psi instantly then the methenol injection will take over and the nitrous will shut off. It would only come in when say the car is doing a full 180 turn and coming out of a corner with zero boost. it wouldnt come in during a slalom or sweeper as i can hold my boost in those areas. It would have been really helpful during the fish hook finish line at national.

Re: Is Nitrous oxide (NO2) Allowed in Street modified?

Quote Originally Posted by DriverError View Post
    Hello race friends,

Ive been reading through the rule book and it mentions that Oxygen & nitrogen cant be added to fuel,
    and that tanks over 200psi need to be in a protective cage. i interpret that as you cant add anything to the fuel and your nitrogen tank for filling wheels needs to be in a cage.

But I havnt been able to find anything that says nitrous oxide is or isnt allowed. tank pressures are 900-1000psi, it isnt fuel and isnt explosive. would i need to build a cage around it in the car?
    my question is can I add a 25 shot of NO2 to my Street modified Bmw. Its going to be used to spool my turbo instantly.

If any one is curious what im planning, its going to be a 25shot that comes in only at WOT for about half a second to spool the turbo to 8psi instantly then the methenol injection will take over and the nitrous will shut off. It would only come in when say the car is doing a full 180 turn and coming out of a corner with zero boost. it wouldnt come in during a slalom or sweeper as i can hold my boost in those areas. It would have been really helpful during the fish hook finish line at national.
    No, you can not use Nitrous Oxide, sorry

3. Re: Is Nitrous oxide (NO2) Allowed in Street modified?

Thanks for the clarification, I'll have to work on my driving skills instead. cheers.
    Last edited by DriverError; June 28, 2017 at 22:36. Reason: grammar