Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

  1. #1

    Post VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Here are your Cup 5 result:

    Results:

    Cup Groups
    OPAX (first 3 runs)
    PAX
    RAW
    All Times


    Course Map VCMC Cup 5 2017-2.pdf

    PM me any errors and share your feedback below.
    Last edited by blackice; July 26, 2017 at 18:14.

  2. #2

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    I loved that course layout. Congratulations to Peter (I think).
    Gary and Pat Watson
    2016 Long Beach Red Metallic Corvette Z06 Coupe

  3. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Thanks for the lightning quick results Jordan!

    Yes Gary, I owe Peter a big hug for his course design today. Too bad he had engine problems and had to leave early.

    Thanks as always to the hard working executive team and all the volunteers for making these events happen.

    And also thanks to all the fellow racers with many words of encouragement today.

    Clive

  4. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    That was one of the best courses we've run in a while. They're all great, but that one was crazy good!

  5. #5

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    And also thanks to all the fellow racers with many words of encouragement today.
    The kind of excellent attitude we have going on that keeps me coming back event after the event. Huge thanks to everyone and a great day out as usual. Thanks to Peter for the course that got me practicing my sloppy third gear shifts and wishing quick recovery to his BMW.

  6. #6

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Fantastic course, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the 3rd gear section turned out.

    It was also awesome that we had such a strong novice turn out. 39 new drivers in the sport! As an old fart, nothing makes me happier than seeing newblood to keep the sport alive and well.

    Pics to come. Stay tuned.
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

    NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

  7. #7

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    On a separate note, maybe something to consider for next cup, but I've been hearing some folks crave moar slaloms... But this is completely unofficial

  8. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Jordan, thanks again for the quick results!

    Quote Originally Posted by traum View Post
    Fantastic course, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the 3rd gear section turned out.

    It was also awesome that we had such a strong novice turn out. 39 new drivers in the sport! As an old fart, nothing makes me happier than seeing newblood to keep the sport alive and well.

    Pics to come. Stay tuned.
    Yeah it was really great to see so many new folks out, it warms my heart that we are seeing so many people taking an interest in the sport lately

  9. #9

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Awesome course. Don't you just love shifting to 3rd and rev matching to 2nd whilst braking?

    Feels like racing.

    Thanks to everyone for a memorable event.

    Ben

  10. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by dtcaciuc View Post
    On a separate note, maybe something to consider for next cup, but I've been hearing some folks crave moar slaloms... But this is completely unofficial
    Heresy! Witch!

    Seriously... while the balance was perhaps a bit in the favour of the power cars and a little tweaking of a few cones on the first straight might have kept speeds down a hair, I personally believe it's better than the alternative. Fast days might skew the results, but overly tight days (of which we have had a few with various clubs) simply aren't that much fun. I enjoyed the day a lot and hope we continue to try to emulate US style courses with a good balance of technical elements and some spots with line selection, commitment, and high overall speeds. Maybe I am along in this thinking, but that's my $0.02.

    -Mark
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    CM #51: 1998 Van Diemen
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i

  11. #11

    Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
    Heresy! Witch!

    Seriously... while the balance was perhaps a bit in the favour of the power cars and a little tweaking of a few cones on the first straight might have kept speeds down a hair, I personally believe it's better than the alternative. Fast days might skew the results, but overly tight days (of which we have had a few with various clubs) simply aren't that much fun. I enjoyed the day a lot and hope we continue to try to emulate US style courses with a good balance of technical elements and some spots with line selection, commitment, and high overall speeds. Maybe I am along in this thinking, but that's my $0.02.

    -Mark
    im in agreement with most of what mark says, but i dont mind slaloms at the big us courses where you arrive at speed and have to slow it entering the slalom to reach terminal speed.

    the local slaloms you arrive out of a brake zone so youre at a crawl and only reach terminal speed at the last slalom cone usually. i dont enjoy slaloms like that.

    pinched exists basically make me wish i stayed home

  12. Re: VCMC 2017 Cup 5 - Results and Feedback

    Plus 1 on everything BigBadBen, Mark and Nick just said! Just love any course that needs 3rd gear, and some high speed commitment on turn in and brakes! Great training for the higher speed US National level courses. Obviously I enjoyed it immensely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •