Thread: Spending an evening with Dennis Grant

Spending an evening with Dennis Grant

Dennis Grant, author of 'Autocross to Win" will be in Vancouver this coming Monday, August 28th. He has agreed to give a presentation on autocross cars preparation and share his motorsport experiences gained over the last two decades.

The meeting will be held in Burnaby (address TBA). Probably starts at around 6:30 pm. There will be food and drinks prior to the presentation. The only thing you need to bring is a chair for yourself. More details will be announced in the days ahead as we finalize this event.

You don't want to miss this event!!!

For more information on Dennis Grant, go to https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...J1-A8BAg4xE4yA

Joe
    Last edited by Vancouver Special; August 22, 2017 at 00:09.
    "...I recommend books. People who don't know what they're talking about are less likely to write a book about the subject...."

Re: Spending an evening with Dennis Grant

Location of the event is:

106-7337 North Fraser Way, Burnaby.

Please post here to indicate you are interested in attending, so that we can have enough food for everyone. Thanks.

Joe
    "...I recommend books. People who don't know what they're talking about are less likely to write a book about the subject...."

I think Joe means August 28th (1 week from today). We will be there!

Yes, the 28th. Thanks.

Joe

5. Re: Spending an evening with Dennis Grant

I'm in and bringing a friend.
    Russ
    '94 MR2

2012-13 President, 2011 Rice President, 2010 Director of P????graphy

1994 Accord EXR - 2006 - 2008 (RIP), 2000 Civic SIR - 2008 - 2011 (Sold),
    1992 Integra LS - 2011 - 2012 (Sold), 1994 Miata R - 2012 - 2017(Sold)
    1980 Crossle 40F 2016 - present

Great tech talk last night - thanks to Joe for organizing, Dean for the space, and Dennis for making the time to give us a fantastic presentation. Despite having been out of the sport for a few years he's clearly still very passionate about it!

I would love to see tech talks make a regular appearance again - it might be a good excuse to resurrect the monthly members meetings during the season. A few topics off the top of my head that could be interesting:
    - Data logging
    - Course design
    - Shock tuning
    - "Budget" endurance racing
    - Mental preparation
    - How to build a competitive street touring car

Chime in if you're interested or if you have other topic ideas, and hopefully we can get the ELT on board.

8. Re: Spending an evening with Dennis Grant

I really enjoyed this as well. A big thanks to Dennis, Joe, Dean and everyone else involved. I would love to see more events like this too.
    Russ
    '94 MR2

Great ideas for topics. I would like to see a presentation/workshop on how to correctly set-up "Solostorm" and how to get the most out of it. I would also be interested in a test and tune day on the pad to have help set-up suspensions and tire pressures.