Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

1. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

Quote Originally Posted by lowside67
    As it is my first time at Mission, should I be classed in the novice group? I have some track experience but not that much. Maybe start in novice and go to intermediate if I am running quicker than novice?
    Done, thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dutch
    You might want to remove the email address from the list Dustin. The spam bots love lists with email addresses.
    Done

Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

Unless he wants to run his new girlie car in Inter, Daryll Yeng is an advanced driver w/ PDC (he runs w/ Marlon as well). He's been to Mission a quite a few times. I'd check w/ him to see what he prefers. Thx.

3. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

Quote Originally Posted by AllanJ
    You're being wise, Mark. Good on ya. I also belong to the Performance Driver's Club and even if you have several track days under your belt but have never been to Mission, you are required to start in the first timer's group.

Mission isn't a fast track, it's a technical track. Letting a relative newbie loose out there can be a very bad thing. I watched a guy destroy his Ferrari there a while back. It was sad.

The way ProFormance runs it for novices (the one I did earlier this year) is with the four 25-min sessions, novices cannot pass anyone except for the last session, and only in one place on the track. They also do a lot more with breaking up the novice sessions into small groups of 3 cars and have an instructor for each group and control what happens in each of the 4 sessions. The first session starts off slow and easy by playing "follow the leader" as the instructor drives the lead car on the proper line, progressing to the instructor riding shotgun, to solo lapping to finally limited passing between T2 and T3 during the last session.

To me that seems like a smart thing to do in order to have a safe event. I'm not sure what the format is going to be for you guys but I hope it's "slow and easy" with progessively allowing more freedom as you guys get comfortable on the track. I sure don't want to be reading sad stories about you guys on this forum.
    Exactly. I dont really want to wad my "investment" ( yeah, that's a huge stretch ) into a ball. I do hope though that there is an opportunity to advance as is necessary; all the other track days I've done they've moved me from beginner to intermediate after a couple sessions.
    Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
    CM #51: 1998 Van Diemen
    STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i

4. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

If you guys notice any classing errors, please feel free to PM me or post here; I'll modify the list as needed

There will also be an opportunity to do this at morning registration

Maybe the list is not reading out right on my computer, but I don't see my name there. Wazzup?
    Bob - Yellow GT3 - just a humble lawyer out for a nice drive

6. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

You're not signed up on Karelo yet Bob; that list is based off Karelo signups

Duhhhh...

Thanks Dustin.

8. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog
    Unless he wants to run his new girlie car in Inter, Daryll Yeng is an advanced driver w/ PDC (he runs w/ Marlon as well). He's been to Mission a quite a few times. I'd check w/ him to see what he prefers. Thx.
    I'll be the slowest in the advance group, but I'd like to be in it if possible.

9. Re: *** MUST READ **** Mission Track Day Event Registration Information

can someone check my car to see if it will pass tech for the track day?
    the only thing i worry about are the tires and rear brake pads.
    the tires have between about 1mm (inside) and at most 2mm (outside) of tread until wear bar
    the rear brake pads have about 1cm of material, which is about 50% from new

another question: will ICBC cover any damage that may (or may not) happen during the track day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bath Tussue
    can someone check my car to see if it will pass tech for the track day?
    the only thing i worry about are the tires and rear brake pads.
    the tires have between about 1mm (inside) and at most 2mm (outside) of tread until wear bar
    the rear brake pads have about 1cm of material, which is about 50% from new

another question: will ICBC cover any damage that may (or may not) happen during the track day?
    There will be no ICBC coverage at the track
    Gary Fung
    2003 Nissan 350z
    2011 BMW M3
    2016 Porsche GT4
    2013 Mazda Miata Club

Quote Originally Posted by Elder_MMHS
    When can wait list people jump in if signed-up people are no-shows for online registration?
    Waitlist people can jump in at any time. As we mentioned in our first post, it's those who registered on karelo that counts. So sign up now if you want to register!
    Gary Fung
    2003 Nissan 350z
    2011 BMW M3
    2016 Porsche GT4
    2013 Mazda Miata Club

Quote Originally Posted by Fab_vr6
    Waitlist people can jump in at any time. As we mentioned in our first post, it's those who registered on karelo that counts. So sign up now if you want to register!
    Yup - I already did after getting the "green light" from the other thread.

Thanks!
    Victor Chow (Elder_MMHS)

Hey Dustin, can you post the names of the registered and the run groups (N, I, A) and who is in what group, current to today, please?

June 6th Mission Track Day is approaching very quickly so I take this opportunity to remind everyone who will be taking part with the event to get their car ready for a track intensive course that just got even harder on brakes.

Linky

Thanks Joe for the excellent post.
    08 Nike Shox H/S???

just signed up on Karelo for Track day.
    (Team) Ecurie Snoopy
    1966 - 2010 and still running.......
    http://www.clementeeuropeanmotorsautosport.com/