Track Day Tech Checklist
1. Brakes (min. 50% all around, less than 50, Fail), firm and not soft
2. Steering component nothing loose (Tie rods ends, steering wheel free-play)
3. Suspension component nothing loose (Ball-joint, bushings)
4. Light working (brake, signal, headlight, etc.)
5. Fluids not leaking, if it needs new fluid, I recommend Motul
6. Battery secure
7. Throttle not sticking
8. No loose item in compartment (carpet, coins, CDs, dice, etc.)
9. Tire, have some tread left, I recommend Kumho if you need to buy some. autocross tire for track(rain or grooved, or else you might fail), since I believe we do require tread depth to be 3/32 or more and typical autox tire has 4/32 when new, and we take reading from the baldest point of the tire, so if it looks good in one area and another is bald, fail. You might also fail if your tires are corded, really old, not in the condition for track, etc....It is up to safety steward's decision. So if you have doubt, go buy a set of new tire, it should pass. or else there is a chance you might run into problems.
10. Wheel nut/bolt torqued to factory spec, I recommend bringing your own tool and socket, speed things up and minimize scratching your lug nuts/bolts.
11. Windshield NO crack
12. Door window can be opened
13. No loose body panels
14. Seat belt working in factory condition; aftermarket harness FIA or SFI approved and not expired
15. Coolant level adequate
16. Door can be opened from both inside/outside
17. Engine drive belt in good condition
18. Windshield wiper operating and working in good condition for the track
19. Emergency brake working
20. Sound limit is 90 dB for the site
21. Fuel cap present and not leaking if car is flipped over
22. Helmet: minimum Snell 2000 rating
23. Shoe: proper footwear must be worn; must be closed toe
Heads up, though not required.
Full tank of gas in car
5.1 or racing brake fluid, I recommend Motul, best bang for the buck
It might be wise to run higher viscosity engine oil for track, since it does get really hot
If i miss something, just post it up. Thanks,
IF YOUR CAR FAIL TECH, YOU DON'T RUN.
and there will be no refund. I hate to say this, but I do not want any surprises then.