• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Courtenay240sx
    • Nov 2006

Re: Mission Raceway track changes for 2008

Howdy Y'all,

Back to report about the track

Got to go out in a miata, and then take Pinky out for a few laps of the track....and let me tell you that the new additions are AWESOME.

Turn 7 is going be a FAST sweeper, if we use that configuration, not pushing it to the limit, and on street tires, the exit was around 100 km/h

Turn 1, still finding the perfect line, but getting close, but it is much nicer having the extra space and no wall to avoid coming into it.

Looking forward to the Track Day

Comment

• AllanJ

Originally posted by Courtenay240sx
      Howdy Y'all,

Got to go out in a miata, and then take Pinky out for a few laps of the track....and let me tell you that the new additions are AWESOME.

Turn 7 is going be a FAST sweeper, if we use that configuration, not pushing it to the limit, and on street tires, the exit was around 100 km/h

Turn 1, still finding the perfect line, but getting close, but it is much nicer having the extra space and no wall to avoid coming into it.

Thanks for the info, Courtenay! Next week I'm taking my car in to get fresh Motul RBF600 and to swap out my front ceramic rotors for iron that I can abuse going into T1.

16 more sleeps....

Cheers,

Comment

• v67gsr
        • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Courtenay240sx
        Howdy Y'all,

100 km corner exit on turn 7 with street tires? Thats a very good addition. Looks like it become another turn 2 of PR with a little less speed, just a little.
        V67-GSR
        Retired from AutoX. Track is my new playground.

Comment

• AllanJ

Originally posted by solorex
          It'll be interesting to see what the new changes are like.
          Tyson, you're going to love the new T1. I spent a couple hours driving Mission today (in the lovely rain) and T1 is excellent! The line feels great and I got my trailbraking nailed on that turn by the end of the day. We had to use the old T7/8/9 because the final safety stuff for the new sweeper isn't done yet and it needs FIA approval before we can use it.

I'll be at Mission two more times in the 3rd & 4th weeks of April so I'm hoping the new sweeper is approved by that point.

Sorry, no videos because my camera's battery is having issues. Time for a new one.

Cheers,

Comment

• DM 00
            ex-president
            • Mar 2003

Went to Mission on Saturday as part of the Inside Line Program. Thank God it was a sunny day but very cold (3 Celsius) in the morning when we walk the track. As Allan has mentioned, the new T1 is much better but you are also carrying more speed, which also means you need better brakes. I started the day with a 07 GTI, after few laps in heavy traffic in the 1st session there was noticeable brake fade as the pedal was getting soft and the rotors started to shake. Even thought the organizer suggested min. 50% brake, I do believe better pads & high temp brake fluid is a must.

I talked to few people including the track manager the told me that the new T7 is not in use because FIA didn’t approve it. They are concern about the safety of this house in the picture below

So they will be modifying the new T7, making it into a chicane and hopefully it will be in use for middle of May.

We only had 2 passing zone during the day, the front straight and T2/3, no passing on T6/7. Cars were passing on the right hand on the front straight area instead of the left.

Pay attention around 56sec mark,

Video
            Last edited by Carson; March 24, 2008, 14:57.

Comment

• AllanJ

Interesting about that house. Too bad though. It means they get to spend more money than they planned.

We were shown a different line between T9/1 and also passed on the right on the main straight. Imagine how your brakes on the GTI would've been if you used the new T7? Something to keep in mind for the vcmc track day.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...